Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a pluripotent stem cell-derived islet (SC-Islet) therapy for Type 1 diabetes, is seeking a Sr. Principal Scientist, Cell Therapy Development, to join its growing team. The full-time role will lead a team of scientists focused on developing and improving Semma’s SC-Islet cell therapy including research, process development, and collaboration with preclinical (animal study) and manufacturing teams. The position is located in Cambridge, MA.
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise to a team of scientists developing Semma’s SC-Islet process
- Guide development of project plans and their execution to meet strategic objectives
- Monitor and report on project progress, providing updates and recommendations to senior management
- Support implementation of robust operating processes within the process development group
- Coordinate technology transfer of developed processes to manufacturing
- Collaborate with preclinical team to plan animal studies for in vivo cell product evaluation
- Work with QA and Manufacturing groups to draft and review regulatory documents
- PhD in bioengineering, cell/molecular biology or related discipline and at least 5 years of industry experience.
- Experience leading a team of 3 or more scientists
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong background in mammalian cell culture bioprocessing, ideally for cell-based therapies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to present and defend positions and approaches critical to program progression and success
- Experience drafting/reviewing regulatory documents including Pre-IND and IND
- Flexible team player excited to collaborate with internal and external partners
- Authorized to legally work in US
- Experience with embryonic or induced pluripotent stem cell (ESC/hiPSC) culture and directed differentiation
- Controlled system bioreactor experience
- Background in pancreatic islet biology, diabetes and /or metabolic diseases
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.