Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a pluripotent stem cell-based cell therapy for Type 1 diabetes, is seeking a senior research associate/ research scientist to join its growing team. The full-time role will focus on tissue culture, molecular and cellular characterization and analytical developments. Under the supervision of a Principal Scientist and working closely within the Cell Biology Department, the SRA/Scientist will be involved in the implementation of novel R&D programs and be responsible for the day-to-day execution of specific projects. The position will be located in Cambridge/Boston, MA.
- Culture and differentiation of human Pluripotent Stem cells in various conditions
- echnological feasibility and improvements and to characterize Cell Product
- Execution of in vitro assays (Flow Cytometry, ICC/IHC, qRT-PCR, ELISA, …) and best analytical practice implementation
- Development and troubleshooting cell culture and a wide variety of in vitro assays
- Development and validation of novel Standard Operating Procedures
- Due diligence on analytical technology offerings and evaluation
- Contribute to team and project meetings, day-to day lab operations, including ordering, inventory and LIMS input.
- MS or recent PhD in cell biology or related discipline. 1-2 years of related work experience for MS candidate is required
- High level of experience with cell culture, cell-based assays, and analytical development
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, executing and analysing experiments
- Attention to detail and careful record-keeping, ability to troubleshoot and solve difficult problems
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to write technical reports and protocols
- Flexible team player excited to collaborate with internal and external partners
- Highly self-motivated and flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work if necessary.
- Authorized to legally work in US.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience, preferably in a biotech/pharma or analytical lab setting
- Experience with embryonic or induced pluripotent stem cell (ESC/hiPSC) culture
- Experience with genetic stability testing and genomic analysis
- Knowledge of stem cell directed differentiation and pancreatic islet biology
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.