Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a stem cell-based cell therapy for Diabetes, is seeking an outstanding Controller to join its growing team. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter and responsible for a wide breadth of financial activities including, the financial closing process, accounting operations, the audit function, and forecasting. The position is located in Cambridge, MA.
- Oversee and ensure accurate and timely preparation of the financial statements
- Active management and participation in the day-to-day activities of finance, including accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing, payroll, general accounting, etc.
- Lead the coordination of independent auditors in the annual audit process
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations/reviews and internal control work.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Recommend benchmark against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Perform special projects; from financial analysis to new system implementation.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings on a timely basis
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, Master’s a plus
- 10+ years of financial and management experience, 5+ years in biotech or pharmaceutical company industry
- Self-motivated professional with ability to effectively balance multiple priorities, strong attention to detail, utmost integrity
- Flexible and collaborative work style with ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Authorized to legally work in US
- Experience in private biotech companies strongly preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.