Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a stem cell-based cell therapy for Type 1 diabetes, is seeking an in vitro pharmacologist to join its growing team. The full-time role will focus on the design, development, and evaluation of Semma’s core stem cell technology using in vitro and ex vivo biochemical and bioanalytical assays to support in vivo PK/PD and efficacy studies. The position is located in Kendall square, Cambridge, MA.
- Perform a wide variety of in vitro assays from samples obtained from relevant animal models, ex-vivo assessment of cellular immune responses, analysis of multi-color flow cytometry data, and perform ELISAs and Luminex assays.
- BS or MS in pharmacology, biology, immunology, or related discipline, preferentially with 3 or more years of relevant industry experience.
- Design and execution of well-controlled in vitro experiments to demonstrate proof-of- concept in preclinical models of diabetes and other metabolic-related diseases.
- Able to develop and troubleshoot in vitro assays from in vivo preclinical samples, including ELISA, MSD, ELISPOT, and flow cytometric analysis of blood, serum, and tissue samples.
- Strong experience in handling, processing, and profiling ex vivo tissue samples.
- Experience with programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism and PowerPoint for data analysis and presentation.
- Adaptive and a quick learner, efficient in multi-tasking and trouble-shooting, highly organized and good record keeping, excellent inter-personal and communication skills to excel in team work environment.
- Background in diabetes research is preferred.
- In vitro/ex-vivo functional assessment of implanted stem cells from diabetic animals (oral or IP GTT, ex-vivo GSIS, MMTT, etc..).
- Perform cytokine/chemokine profiling on Luminex or similar platform.
- Experience with molecular techniques, including standard RNA/DNA extraction, qRT- PCR, and western blotting.
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.