Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a stem cell-based cell therapy for Type 1 diabetes, is seeking an outstanding research associate to join its growing team. The full-time role will focus on cell and tissue culture, as well as cell biology experiments (differentiation of human embryonic stem cells into insulin producing pancreatic cells, and related assays). Under the supervision of Senior Scientists, the research associate will be responsible for the production and characterization of consistently high quality differentiated cells using standard operating protocols and development of a cell therapy product. The position will be located in Cambridge, MA.
- MS or BSc in biology, cell biology, tissue engineering or related discipline
- High level of experience with cell culture and cell-based assays (ELISA, FACS, immunofluorescence)
- Experience with pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, executing, and analyzing experiments
- Able to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and develop process improvements
- Attention to detail and careful record-keeping
- Ability to quantify experimental results and present to the group using PowerPoint slides
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to write technical reports and protocols
- Flexible team player excited to collaborate with internal and external partners.
- Highly self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work.
- Authorized to legally work in US.
- 1-3 years of related work experience preferred.
- Experience with suspension culture or large-scale (bioreactor) culture
- Experience with assay development, or high-throughput imaging
- Previous experience and knowledge of pancreatic islet biology and diabetes
- Prior industrial experience in cell culture process development
To apply, please fill out the form and include your resume below.