Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing stem cell-based cell therapies, is seeking an outstanding accounting manager who will be responsible for daily accounting operations, including managing the close process and maintaining the general ledger. Reporting to the Executive Director, Financial Controller, the successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in previous accounting roles. The position will be located in Cambridge, MA (Kendall Square).
- Prepare and record monthly closing journal entries with required supporting documentation
- Manage and review the monthly close process
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Meet with department heads to review and conclude on monthly accruals
- Assist in developing, processing and transmitting monthly closing reports to corporate parent
- Assist with additional projects and requests, as needed
- 5+ years of experience, with progressing experience and roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other discipline, CPA required
- Possess strong communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, adaptable to change with the ability to work independently while being detail oriented
- Collaborative, having the ability to build relationships with stakeholders outside the Finance function
- Demonstrated ability to train, support and motivate junior colleagues
- Experience working with NetSuite
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.