Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a pluripotent stem cell-based cell therapy for Type 1 diabetes, is seeking an in vivo scientist to join its growing team. The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of in vivo studies requiring strong animal experimentation and modelling experience, as well as in vitro and ex vivo biochemical techniques.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on cutting edge science and take part in discovering and developing cell therapies for type 1 diabetes and other serious disorders. We are looking for an experienced scientist who brings enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, scientific rigor and a desire to innovate new medicines for patients.
- Assume responsibility for IND-enabling in vivo studies to advance our lead development programs, including study planning, protocol design, study execution, data analysis and study report writing
- Implement good documentation practices
- Manage in vivo model development and characterization
- Motivate and lead a small in vivo team
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects
- Oversee CRO management of outsourced preclinical activities
- PhD or equivalent in a relevant biological discipline and at least 3-5 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience in developing and validating animal models of metabolic disease
- Deep understanding of drug discovery, pharmacology and drug development.
- Familiarity with the preclinical regulatory requirements for cell therapy programs.
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work
- Ability to travel between Semma’s Providence and Cambridge locations
- Expertise in performing surgery or cell/device implantation in rodents
- Experience with in vivo/ ex-vivo assessment of pancreatic islet function (oral GTT, IPGTT, IVGTT, GSIS, MMTT)
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.