Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a pluripotent stem cell-based cell therapy for Type 1 diabetes, is seeking an outstanding research associate to join its growing team. The full-time role will focus on tissue culture, molecular and cellular characterization, process and assay developments. Under the supervision of a Principal Scientist and working closely within the Cell Biology department on novel R&D programs, the associate will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of specific projects. The position will be located in Cambridge/Boston, MA.
- Culture and differentiation of human Pluripotent Stem cells in various conditions
- Design Input and Execution of well-controlled in vitro experiments to establish proof-of-concept and/or technological optimization and cell product characterization
- Troubleshooting cell culture and in vitro assays
- Development of novel Standard Operating Procedures
- Contribute to day-to day lab operations, including equipment/consumable purchasing, reagent inventory and equipment maintenance, etc.
- BSc or MS in biology, cell biology, tissue engineering or related discipline. 2-3 years of related work experience for BSc candidate is required
- High level of experience with cell culture, cell-based assays, and cell culture process development
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, executing and analysing experiments
- Able to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and develop process and/or assay improvements
- Attention to detail and careful record-keeping
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to write technical reports and protocols
- Flexible team player excited to collaborate with internal and external partners
- Highly self-motivated
- Flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work if necessary
- Authorized to legally work in US
- 2+ year of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with embryonic or induced pluripotent stem cell (ESC/hiPSC) culture
- Experience with suspension and/or large-scale culture
- Experience and knowledge of pancreatic islet biology, diabetes and /or metabolic diseases
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.