Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a pluripotent stem cell-based cell therapy for Type 1 diabetes, is seeking an outstanding stem cell biologist to join its growing team. The full-time role will focus on tissue culture, molecular and cellular characterization, process and assay developments. Under the supervision of a Principal Scientist and working closely within the Cell Biology department, the scientist will be involved in the implementation of novel R&D programs and be responsible for the day-to-day execution of specific projects. The position will be located in Cambridge/Boston, MA.
- Generation, culture and differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells in various conditions
- Design and lead the execution of well-controlled in vitro experiments to demonstrate technological feasibility and improvements, to characterize Cell Product and/or achieve proof-of-concept
- Develop and lead a wide variety of in vitro assays, including troubleshooting cell culture challenges
- Develop and validate novel Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Contribute to day-to day lab operations, including equipment/consumable purchasing, reagent inventory and equipment maintenance
- MS or PhD in biology, cell biology, tissue engineering or related discipline (2-3 years of related work experience for MS candidate is required)
- High level of experience with cell culture, cell-based assays, and cell culture process development
- Demonstrated excellence in planning, executing and analysing experiments
- Able to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and develop process and/or assay improvements
- Attention to detail and careful record-keeping
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to write technical reports and protocols
- Flexible team player excited to collaborate with internal and external partners
- Highly self-motivated and flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work if necessary
- Authorized to legally work in US
- 2+ year of relevant industry experience
- Experience with embryonic or induced pluripotent stem cell (ESC/hiPSC) culture
- Experience with suspension and/or large-scale culture
- Experience and knowledge of pancreatic islet biology, diabetes and /or metabolic diseases.
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.