Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a stem cell-based cell therapy for Type 1 diabetes, is seeking an outstanding In Vivo Pharmacologist to join its growing team. The full-time role will focus on the design, development, and evaluation of Semma’s core stem cell technology in small and/or large animal models. The position is located in Kendall square, Cambridge, MA.
- Perform a wide variety of in vivo studies requiring strong animal surgery skills as well as in vitro and ex vivo biochemical techniques.
- Perform dosing, monitoring, blood sampling, and tissue harvesting in studies for target validation, PK/PD, and technology evaluation
- Provide overall in vivo support across different functions
- Author SOPs under the supervision of senior scientists
- Interface with external laboratories for establishing in-life functional testing and blood chemistry analysis
- BS or MS in pharmacology, animal science, immunology, or related discipline, preferentially with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Highly skilled in small animal surgery, various methods of dosing and blood collection, anesthesia, necropsy, tissue harvesting and in-vitro sample processing.
- Experience in initiating, maintaining, and evaluating animal models of metabolic disease.
- Able to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and develop process improvements.
- Adaptive and a quick learner, efficient in multi-tasking and trouble-shooting, highly organized and good record keeping, excellent inter-personal and communication skills to excel in team work environment.
- Flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work.
- Experience in evaluating and performing surgeries animal models of diabetes.
- Implantation of cells and/or devices in various sites in rodents.
- In-life or in vitro/ex-vivo functional assessment of implanted cells in animals (oral GTT, IPGTT, IVGTT, GSIS, MMTT, etc..).
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.