Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a stem cell-based cell therapy for Type 1 diabetes, is seeking an in vivo scientist to join its growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and conducting in vivo preclinical studies in support of the development of Semma's stem cell islet-based therapeutics for metabolic disease indications. The position reports to the Head of Preclinical Development, and is located in Cambridge, MA.
- Manage the In Vivo Pharmacology team of 1-3 direct reports
- Apply a strong background in in vivo preclinical pharmacology, animal model development to play a significant role in pharmacokinetic and toxicology studies
- Establish appropriate documentation and QA oversight to support IND-enabling activities
- Provide scientific support to the discovery and delivery teams by providing knowledge and experience in in vivo proof-of-concept studies
- PhD in Pharmacology, animal science, biology, or related discipline with at least 5 years relevant pharmaceutical R&D experience preferred. Candidates with other degrees and significant experience considered.
- Solid understanding of in vivo models of metabolic disease and ex-vivo functional assay development.
- Working knowledge of GLP requirements is desired
- Experience in designing, executing, interpreting and reporting nonclinical study data to support candidate validation in early and late stage drug development.
- Prepare study proposals, protocols, study reports and regulatory documents to support pre- IND/IND applications.
- Interacting with CROs, analytical laboratories, collaborators and internal various functions to insure timely progression of preclinical studies.
- Build team and foster productive cross-functional collaborations both within and external to Semma Therapeutics.
- Attention to detail and careful record-keeping, ability to think critically, excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within an academic facility or CRO environment with IACUC and/or AAALAC oversight.
- Experience in evaluating animal models of diabetes and performing efficacy studies using biopolymer and/or device implantation in vivo
- Drug development experience in cell therapy
- Managerial experience demonstrating both leadership and partnership
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.