Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a stem cell-based cell therapy for Type 1 diabetes, is seeking an outstanding lab manager to join its growing team. The full-time role will focus on promoting efficient and organized laboratory operations. The lab manager will work closely with our science and operations teams to support the routine operation and organization of the laboratory. The position will be located in Providence, RI.
- Oversee inventory and receiving of laboratory supplies and management of chemicals, consumables, etc.
- Laboratory gas tank set up, monitoring, and ordering
- Track and manage preventative maintenance, calibration and any troubleshooting of equipment
- Ensure that the laboratory is kept in a clean and good operating condition, including working with outside vendors as needed
- Coordinate removal of hazardous waste by external vendors and maintain waste manifests
- Manage all shipping and receiving activities. Coordinate lab shipments to/from company while maintaining safe shipping and handling standards
- Serve as safety coordinator and primary lab emergency contact. Enforce compliance with safety and lab procedures among all lab personnel
- Supporting other local operations tasks as needed
- 3-5+ years’ experience working in lab operations, preferably in a startup biotech setting
- Experience in handling routine laboratory chemicals and biological materials
- Exceptional organizational, record-keeping and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the role, including lifting moderately heavy boxes, prolonged standing, pushing gas tanks, etc.
- Collaborator who communicates in an open, clear, complete, timely and consistent manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Must be willing to be on call
- Authorized to legally work in US
- A.S. or B.S. degree in a scientific discipline desired but not required
- Experience overseeing lab safety and adherence to regulatory guidelines strongly preferred
- Experience working in tissue culture laboratories
- Materials management experience a plus
- Background managing hazardous waste program
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.