Semma Therapeutics, a biotechnology company focused on developing a stem cell-based cell therapy for type 1 diabetes, is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join its growing team. The full-time role will be responsible for oversight of Semma’s delivery technology development plans as part of the Program Management team. The Technical Project Manager will work closely with the delivery design, delivery manufacturing, cell biology, preclinical, and quality teams to meet program milestones. The position will be based in Providence, RI, and will require 1-2 days a week in Cambridge, MA.
- Work independently and with the team to develop an integrated development plan from current stage through to product launch
- Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones, and timelines. Minimize timeline deviations by clearly identifying program risks and communication of strategies
- Facilitate regular project team meetings, issue written minutes, and follow up on action items
- Maintain overall project dashboard, schedule, budget, project plans, operational plans, and routine reports to sponsors and stakeholders
- Proactively communicate key issues and any other critical topics in a timely manner to the appropriate management level and/or to any other relevant project team member(s)
- Create and implement optimized processes and procedures for activities within the own area of responsibilities. Monitor and report status against established timelines, key success factors, budget and KPIs for all projects/programs.
- Represent company to external partners groups as required
- BS in Life Sciences, bio-engineering, or related discipline with minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience
- 1+ years of demonstrated project management and change management experience in a pharmaceutical setting working with interdisciplinary and cross-cultural teams
- Experience working with cell, device, or drug delivery technologies
- Strong analytical skills, focused with business awareness and hands on to navigate execution in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of scientists, physicians, engineers, regulatory specialists and business professionals
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a team attitude, demonstrated leadership skills and an ability to integrate across all company projects
- Authorized to legally work in US
- Experience in cell therapy or gene therapy or combination products
- PMP certification
- Regulatory experience
Please note that applicants should have authorization to work in the United States. Semma offers competitive pay, health insurance, time-off among other benefits. Please, fill out the form below and include your resume.